The 4th Evolving and Sustaining Ocean Best Practices Workshop was held online at various times between 17-30 September and has now finished.
We had a broad participation with 666 registrations. We are now looking forward to producing the workshop proceedings.
At the IOC Ocean Best Practices System (OBPS) Workshop IV, ocean practitioners will collaboratively address best practices as well as recommendations for the OBPS to meet community needs for advanced method development in ocean observations and applications. The outcomes will guide the next implementation phase of the OBPS.
We believe that your recommendations will help us serve your community and advance your efforts along the following key dimensions :
- Data, Information, Knowledge
- Endorsement of methodological documents by communities
- Convergence of methods across scales (thematic, local, regional, global)
- Development paths – how does your region/community build best practices? What does your region need? How can the OBPS better support that?
Cross-cutting Theme Working Groups
- Convergence of methods and endorsement of best practices
- Developing training and guidance materials as well as mechanisms for the submission and use of ocean best practices
- Data and Information management: towards globally scalable interoperability
- Ethics and BPs for ocean observing and applications
- Ocean Uncertainty Quantification
- Ocean Partnership Building
Community Consultation Working Groups
- Marine Litter/Plastics
- Surface radiation
Since its first workshop in 2017, the OBPS has benefited from the community’s recommendations across disciplines and regions through annual events. For proceedings from previous workshops please see https://www.oceanbestpractices.org/publications/
The proceedings from the OBPS Workshop IV will also be made available on the OBPS website
Images of presenters, workshop group photographs, list of participants names and presentations and a workshop recording will be included in the proceedings and/or made available on the web; by registering for this workshop you grant the OBPS Workshop IV Organizers permission to do this.
For additional information, please contact: https://www.oceanbestpractices.org/contact