18/05/2021 - 21/05/2021
The Summit will be held virtually on the campus of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography between May 18-21, 2021. This event is linked and co-organized with satellite campuses in Hobart (Australia), Cape Town (South Africa), Mindelo (Cabo Verde), and Kiel (Germany). The organizers will release soon the draft program and agenda, but in principle there will be six sessions and three events:
- Session 1: Accelerating the Ocean’s Power to Sequester Carbon and Reverse Climate Disruption
- Session 2: Equitable Solutions for Coastal Inundations and Sea Level Rise
- Session 3: Healthy Ocean & Healthy People
- Session 4: Marine Circular Bioeconomy: Sustainable Food, Bioenergy and Biomaterials.
- Session 5: Harnessing Innovation to Accelerate Ocean Solutions
- Session 6: Towards a Global Ecosystem for Ocean Solutions (GEOS)
- Event 1: 9th Annual Triton Innovation Challenge
- Event 2: Coastal Ecosystem Monitoring in Cabo Verde & South Africa
- Event 3: Early Career Ocean Professionals (ECOP) for Ocean Solutions
For more information and registration click here.